Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Memory Lane

From left: Jeremy (acting as his usual
goofy self, some things never change)
Givo (lookin like a "hard ass") Mark,
and me (holy cow LOOK... I have hair!
And sideburns too)
A few months ago I was digging around in some of my old pictures. There aren't many left from "The Good 'Ole Days" but the ones I did stumble across definitely brought back found memories. I've always missed the bike, and the friends, and the riding etc. And I've always gotten an itch as I've watched the Tour, and some of the Classics on TV over the years. But the pictures, along with finding some of my old friends on FaceBook really got the itch going to find a bike and start riding again.

The memories of mashing up and down the state of California, going from race to race to race, in the War Wagon (The LeBaron seen in the picture to the left) are definitely fond memories in deed.

Givo and I, on a training ride in the "Beautiful" (or not so beautiful) hills around Copperopolis CA.
I'm not exactly sure what I intend to accomplish getting back on the bike. Getting back in to shape? Getting involved in a team again? Maybe even getting back in to racing... who knows? I guess I need to just get back on, and see where the bike takes me. I'm pretty sure that riding some of the old "haunts" like Copperopolis and Del Puerto will be in order... I look forward to riding back down the familiar roads.


No comments:

Post a Comment