Monday, July 25, 2011

Akea Product Trial Introduction

So... since I've gotten back on the bike I've obviously been much more active than I had been for some time. And I'm also Making it a point to pay closer attention to what I'm eating, drinking and so forth. I've also began doing some of the other basic things like starting to take a Daily Multivitamin, Some Protein powder two to three times a day, and I've also gotten myself on a Glucosamine regimen of 2000 mg a day (with an added 2000 mg of MSM as well).

But recently I've been talking to my Ex-Brother In-Law about a supplement he has been using for the last few years that he seems to have had great success with. Actually I don't know if "Supplement" is actually the correct term for the product. Most people think of Protein Powders and Creatine, as a "Supplement" and this is not what Akea is. I'm just getting familiar with the product, but from what I understand so far, it's more of a Vitamin Supplement (to replace my Daily Multivitamin) and if mixed with the proper ingredients can also be used as a meal replacement as well. To make it a proper meal replacement you would need to add a source of protein and beneficial fat (like linseed or flax seed etc). I plan on mixing mine with a protein powder and a flax seed oil. I will be replacing my breakfast (well actually I don't normally eat breakfast so I guess "replace" is the wrong term) And I will be using the blend as a major part of my lunches as well and I'll be trying to keep my dinners as "Healthy" as possible.


Another reason the term "Supplement" can cause misconceptions is that the term "Supplement" invokes thoughts of athletes or bodybuilders etc. And this product is not specifically designed for athletes. It's designed for "giving the body the nutritional support to help you reach optimal health" In other words the ingredients in the product are designed to give your body a dose of the things it needs, but doesn't get, in a typical diet. Obviously an athlete could benefit from this type of Supplement, but if the product does what it says, it could be equally beneficial to a non-athlete as it could be to an athlete.

So my plan is to try Akea out for a month and see what it does. I'll be replacing my Daily Multivitamin with it and I'll be using it for a foundation for my supplement regimen. I plan on continuing with the Glucosamine, MSM as I have been doing. And I will be updating the "Akea Trial" tab at the top of the page periodically over the course of the next month. (The "Akea Trial" will begin with a copy of this post) My bench mark will be the Wednesday Night rides I participate in weekly, since I'm not doing any other competitive riding as of now.

So, I invite you to come back often and check my progress. And if you would like any more information on the product check out http://akea.akealife.com/ .

I'll try to keep this interesting... and see you out there on the road!

1 comment:

  1. Matt, I would be interested to find out how Akea is performing for you. I have a neighbor who is a "rep" and she raves about it and has lost quite a bit of weight, brought BP & cholestrol down. What is your experience so far?

    ReplyDelete